Manual Lymphatic Massage
Manual Lymphatic Drainage, MLD, is an advance therapy involving a range of specialised and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of lymph flow. This stimulates the lymphatic vessels which carry substances vital to the defence of the body and removes waste products. Effective in aiding medical treatment, MLD is also widely beneficial to the health and beauty aspect of the body.
If the lymphatic system is functioning well, we feel well. There are many reasons for the lymphatic system to be sluggish and not functioning well, leaving fluid static in the tissues. Childbirth is one of them.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage Massage is know to promote womb wellness and is highly recommended once you have your baby. It helps to remove toxic waste and excess water. If further reduces water retention, swelling and enhances your well being.
MLD is beneficial in treating the following conditions:
- Stress – Physical or emotional stress may lead to other complications such as high blood pressure.
- Oedema – Also know as dropsy, Oedema is the medical term for fluid retention in the body and it can occur as a result of pregnancy.The build-up of fluid causes affected tissue to become swollen. In maternal care, it aids in the prevention of leg oedema.
- Muscular aches & pain – Relieves fatigue, tension joints and muscle aches due to prolong carrying of baby during pregnancy, labour and childbirth.
- Skin condition – Eczema, acne, scars, inflammation and allergies can result from pregnancy. Regular treatment effectively gives you a non surgical face lift.
- Weight reduction – Cleanse and detoxify connective tissues through improving lymph flow. This aids body metabolism which is vital in the control and reduction of body weight.